Donation Education > Statistics
1. Number of Blood Donors and Blood Collection
In year 2020, there was a 2.3 % increase in number of registered blood donors, resulting in 7.1% increase in number of units.
2. Percentage of Active Blood Donors in Macau Population
From the potential blood donors pool (aged 17 to 69), there were 2.52% active blood donors in year 2020.
3. Blood Donors by Age in 2020
Among the age group of blood donors, 30-39 years old was the most active which accounted for 34% of blood donors, and followed by 20-29 years old as 32%.
4. Percentage of Blood Donors by Gender in 2020
In year 2020, female accounted for 54% of blood donors and male as 46%.
5. RhD negative Blood Donors and RhD negative Blood Collection
A total of 129 units of blood were donated from 94 RhD negative blood donors in year 2020.
6. Blood Collection Sites
There is obvious increase in the percentage of blood units collected from center in year 2020.