Established in 2007, the Blood Transfusion Centre (CTS) Blood Donor Volunteer Team mainly comprises donors of the Centre. All along, the Centre has been dedicated to providing high-quality services to blood donors as its primary objective while aspiring to build a good donor relationship. Connected with a shared goal, the Volunteer Team’s mission is to enhance public awareness on blood donation and mobilize the local population to donate blood, aiming to effectively facilitate the development of non-remunerated blood donation in Macao. To this end, the Volunteer Team serves to assist the Blood Transfusion Centre in promoting blood donation knowledge and organizing blood drives in an efficient manner. With its commitment to help the Centre develop quality donor services and promote the importance of non-remunerated blood donation, the Volunteer Team is also actively involved in the frontline service of the Centre, such as assisting to offer advice to blood donors, maintaining order in the donation point and caring for donors during or after the donation process.
Our scope of service mainly includes:
(1 )Assist nurses in taking care of the donors during the donation process (giving comfort and support);
(2) Observe donors for any adverse reaction after donating blood, and relieve their nervousness.
(1) Participate in the planning and development of various publicity campaigns on blood donation;
(2) Devise creative promotional strategies;
(3) Provide improvement suggestions and opinions on the Centre’s existing and upcoming promotional campaigns from the perspective as a third party.
Comment on the design of the publications, souvenirs, posters and other promotional materials of the Centre.
(1) Liaise with volunteers and donors;
(2) Volunteer service scheduling;
(3) Other clerical work.
(1) Assist in touring and introducing the Blood Transfusion Centre to the visiting schools, organizations, etc.;
(2) Assist in preparing handouts and Powerpoint for blood donation seminars.